TREND 2022 end-of-summer conference poster gallery and booklet.
To apply to TREND, check out the available research projects/mentors and then submit by February 10, 2023:
- Application form and essay through a Google Form. The application form will ask for an essay explaining how the TREND experience will help further your academic and/or career interests
- Unofficial transcript sent to email@example.com
- At least one letter of recommendation sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (note that TREND will not send out requests for letters of recommendation; it is the applicant's responsibility to ask their recommenders to send their letter)
The Physics REU sites directors will utilize a common deadline of March 3, 2023, for students to accept or decline first round offers at domestic (non-international) sites. Sites may send offers to students at any time before this, but students will not be required to decide before March 3, 2023. Because of necessary organizational lead time, international REU sites may require earlier acceptance dates.
- TREND is open to U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Applicants should be enrolled in an undergraduate college or university, with anticipated graduation of December 2023 or later
- We have a recommended minimum GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0. Applicants without the recommended GPA will be able to provide details in the application form if desired
- Program: May 30 to August 4, 2023
- February 10, 2023: Application deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be considered only on a space-available basis
- February 20, 2023: First-round offers sent out (applicants may still receive offers after this date as first-round offers are finalized)
- March 3, 2023: Deadline to accept or decline a first-round offer.
- After March 3, 2023 (rolling basis): Second-round offers may be sent out